Number of seats is 80 (Eighty) each in B.A,LL.B 5 year and LL.B 3 year Professional Degree Courses respectively.
Open Merit Seats - 67% of the total number of available seats shall be filled up on the basis of open merit.
Reserved Category Seats - After the selection of 67% candidates is made on the basis of open merit, the remaining 33% seats, shall be filled up from amongst the eligible candidates belonging to reserved categories in accordance with the criteria laid down by University of Jammu as shown below:
|Category (i)||Scheduled Caste||8%|
Cultural & literary activitiese
NSS/Bharat Scouts and Guides
|Category (iv)||Defence Service Personnel including Ex-Servicemen and their children who are permanent residents of the J&K State and have had a satisfactory service record||2%|
|Category (v)||Candidates belonging to the areas adjoining the Actual Line of Control||2%|
|Category (vi)||Candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes (Gujjar, Bakerwals, Gaddies, Baltis)||5%|
|Category (vii)||Candidates belonging to ST (Residents of Districts of Leh & Kargil)||2%|
|Category (viii)||Candidates belonging to backward areas other than those of Districts of Leh & Kargil||2%|
|Category (ix)||Candidates belonging to Weak and Under-privileged Classes as notified by the J&K State Govt from time to time||2%|
In case any of the seats remaining vacant in a reserved category for want of eligible candidates, the same shall be filled up by the University of Jammu from amongst the non-reserved category applicants i.e., open merit.
An applicant who seeks admission under any of the reserved categories, (namely Scheduled Caste, Defence Service Personnel, Actual Line of Control, Scheduled Tribe, Backward Area and Weak and Under-privileged classes MUST ATTACH ALONGWITH THE APPLICATION FORM, APPROPRIATE CERTIFICATE ISSUED BY THE COMPETENT AUTHORITY ON THE FORM PRESCRIBED FOR THE PURPOSE AS PER THE LATEST ORDER OF J&K STATE GOVT. The fees of such candidates shall be accepted only on production of the category certificate in original which shall be verified by the Principal personally. Failure to attach and produce such a certificate issued by the competent authority on the prescribed form as per the latest order of the J&K State Govt. shall render a candidate ineligible for consideration under the reserved category for admission to the course.
Admission to the course shall be made on the basis of merit of the eligible candidates amongst the applicants and the same will be determined as per criteria given below:-
1. Subject to fulfillment of the eligibility criteria and other conditions prescribed for the course, admission shall first be given to a candidate who:
a) has passed the qualifying examination from the J&K State Board of School Education; or
b) is a permanent resident of the territorial jurisdiction of the University of Jammu but has passed the qualifying examination or an equivalent examination from a Board/ University other than the J&K State Board of School Education; or
c) is an employee of the Central or the State Government or a Public Undertaking or any other organization recognized for the purpose by the Syndicate of the University of Jammu posted within the territorial jurisdiction of the University of Jammu or son/daughter/spouse of such an employee;
d) is not a permanent resident of the State of Jammu & Kashmir, but has passed the qualifying examination (10+2) with not less than 60% marks from a Board/University other than the J&K State Board of School Education subject to the condition that the number of seats under this category will not exceed 10% of the total number of seats available in the course of study.
After making admission of candidates falling under para 1 above, if seats in the course of study remain vacant these shall be open to such other candidates as have passed the qualifying examination from any recognized Board/University provided they have applied in time and are otherwise eligible.
List of selected candidates shall be finalized by the University and notified on the College Notice Board for information of the candidates. The selected candidates are required to complete all formalities relating to admission by payment of the prescribed fee as per the schedule notified, failing which their selection shall stand cancelled and no complaint whatsoever in this regard shall be entertained.